Etiquette and Rules
the Mirus project, we like to keep everyone happy. This page can show you how. Listed below are a set of guidelines and rules that we hope you can apply whilst interacting with Mirus.
- Please be considerate of others
- Don't use ALL CAPS or SHOUT
- Please don't talk like you don't know what you are doing or bring shame to the American language
- Example: yo dood, u no dat u spelling isnt very well lol
- We do not tolerate YOLO in any way, shape, or form.
- Don't troll. Trolling is by definition doing things to get a reaction out of others. If someone is trolling you on the discussion boards, just ignore it and notify an admin. Do not respond.
- Try to be helpful
- Respect others
Mirus is a member of the Open Cosmos Alliance
), or the OCA. The OCA binds members by the following rules:
- Always obey and regard the rules of a projects forums
- Never steal source code
- Never say insulting things about another OS on their own forums, only suggest improvements.
- Never target a specific member of a project
- Never ever start a flame war with another project, if this looks like it is about to happen the project concerned must delete the thread immediately
- Do not say things about inactive developers, they are probably working on something behind the scenes.
- Never say things about your OS which aren't true
- Always listen to other members of your project and never put them down
- Never be racist or sexist at any point
- Any person who is a member of the OCA must linkback see full rules.
- No swearing (NEVER USE f***,c**t, ONLY USE s***, c**p IF NOT AIMED AT ANYONE, * "british" swearing is fine)
- When a project coordinator changes the thread title, the change is final
- No false information
- NEVER publicly abuse or annoy a member of another project, social networks etc.
- Do not deface the source
- Note that access will not be given immediately
- Comment accordingly to your edits to help us keep things straight
- We love IntelliSense documentation and XML comments
- Add descriptions to check-ins
- Be respectful
- Help manage the community
- You are not above the law.